How does one ....
NOF9 Firebird User
2008-05-26 10:25:33 UTC
Hi

I was wondering how would one write a new component for net objects
fusion? I.e. Is there a particular computer language to write it in and is
there an A.p.i. in which to link the component into the net objects
program/framework?

Thanks
Chuck «BeyondFusion»
2008-05-26 12:42:05 UTC
Components are written in Java. I use the Eclipse IDE.

There's an ancient Component Development Kit from NetObjects (circa Fusion
4) that's still mostly applicable.

I believe it's still available here:
http://www.netobjects.com/company/html/NOFCDK20.exe

Good luck. It's not trivial, particularly if you've never done Java
programming.
--
Chuck Joslin
BeyondFusion.com - Your Fusion Community

Thanks
NOF9 Firebird User
2008-05-28 00:25:03 UTC
Thanks Chuck

I tried Myself to find it on their website (as it stated in the manual)
but was unable to find it.

I'll check out Eclipse and see how I get on.

And yes I was able to download it from that link.

Thanks again

NOF9FU