Problems/Questions about Form Handler
unknown
2007-03-26 00:34:12 UTC
I'm trying to create a simple event sign-up form, success would be a thank you
page with options to pay via paypal. This might not be the best way to do this,
but I don't have a lot of experience and need to keep it simple. I've made the
form using the form handler component and uploaded it. It looks fine, but on
submit, I get error code 701. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
2007-03-26 02:02:47 UTC
.
Do you have the form set to ASP or PHP?

Is this on the domain you have hosted with us or on another domain? If it hosted on our servers you can use ASP and it should work fine or you can go over the ColdFusion form to email tutorials and use <cfmail> to process your form to email.
--
Mike

gotHosting.biz - Industrial Strength Web Hosting Solutions
Created for Fusion users by Fusion users with support in mind
http://www.gotHosting.biz - Web hosting from someone you trust
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, MySQL, Access, MS SQL Server

unknown
2007-03-26 02:47:51 UTC
Yes, the one hosted with you. I changed now to asp and get a different
error...500. I looked at the ColdFusion tutorial but didn't want to start over.
Would rather save it for another day.
Post by
.
2007-03-26 04:22:48 UTC
.
This tutorial will go over how to set up the formhandler component.

http://www.learnnof.creationtidbits.com/php_form.html

It is for Fusion 10 and PHP but basically it is the same in Fusion 9 with a very few minor differences.

I think you will find that creating a form manually with the form tools and processing it with <cfmail> will be a lot easier.
--
gotFusion Extended Support
Training, Tutorials, Templates, Hosting, and more

unknown
2007-03-26 16:36:29 UTC
When I upload the site I get this error: the file C:\Program
Files\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion 9.0\NetObjects
System\Profiles\Jeanie\FormsHandler\FormsHandler.xml could not be opened.
Please check that the file exists as named.

The file does exist, so don't know what that means.
.
Make sure you have the formshandler component checked in the publish components
palette (see attached gif)
--
Mike - (a.k.a. turtle) - gotFusion Extended Support
www.gotfusion.com
Charlie
2007-03-28 20:00:52 UTC
Mike,

I received the same error as well. NOF is looking for FormsHandler.XML but
the only XML file I see within that folder is "__proto__profile_Default.XML"

What step or configuration procedure is missing or was missed?

Thanks,
Charlie