Flash Movie with Controller problems
gidwick
2007-10-28 12:00:31 UTC
I have a site with numerous wmf. movies on site, now i want to convert these
to flash format with a built in controller.

I am using Flash 8 to encode them and create the files but they just wont
import and work on my site.

If I encode them with Flash MX and dont use a controller they import and
work perfectly.

Whne using the Flash 8 files, they dont appear and get flagged saying that
firefox need additonal plug-ins even though i have downloaded the latest
shockwave and flash player 9.

Any one plese offer any help on this, I nearly have no hair left

Thanks in advance

Nancy O
2007-10-28 18:12:48 UTC
WMF is a graphic file format. I'm guessing you mean WMV (windows media
video) to FLV (flash video). If you used Flash8 to publish your movie for
the web, Flash should give you html code that looks like this short hand
version:

<object classid= blah, blah, blah>
<param name="movie" value="your_video.swf">
<embed src="your_video.swf">
</embed </object>

<object> = Mozilla
<embed> = IE

Use both tags for cross browser presentation.

Copy & paste the Flash8 code into your NOF page using a text box and Ctrl+T.

SWF is the file that calls your FLV. You must upload both the SWF and the
FLV to server along with your player's graphics (aka the controller).

Publish your html page and test.

HTH,

--Nancy O.
Alt-Web Design & Publishing
www.alt-web.com
gidwick
2007-10-30 00:35:53 UTC
Hey Nanacy, once again thanks for explaining things in simpleton form just
for me lol (and yes it was wmv) :)

Im still having trouble getting the movie to play though, just getting a
white box still, but I think that we are going in the right direction.

this is the code that flash generated, is something not pointing where it
should do:

<head>

<title>Flash Test</title>

</head>

<!--url's used in the movie-->

<!--text used in the movie-->

<!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
width="320" height="242" id="Flash Test" align="middle">

<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />

<param name="movie" value="Flash Test.swf" /><param name="quality"
value="high" /><param name="scale" value="exactfit" /><param name="bgcolor"
value="#ffffff" /><embed src="Flash Test.swf" quality="high"
scale="exactfit" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="320" height="242" name="Flash
Test" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

</embed></object>

My Test Url is: http://kubeclothing.co.uk/flash_test.html if you want to
have a look (ignore the mess, Im working on it lol)

Hopefully be able to solve this problem soon,

Thanks once again

Nancy O
2007-10-30 17:29:28 UTC
1) Rename your Test Flash.swf to testflash.swf - without any spaces. Spaces
in filenames can cause problems.

2) Do your test page setup again in Flash.

3) Upload everything Flash gives you (the plain html page, scripts, swf, flv
& images) to a test folder on your server. Use a 3rd party ftp program to
upload files and see if it works in your browser test. If it works, we know
the problem is with your NOF page. If it doesn't work, then we know
something else is haywire.

NOTE: Your NOF page has bad code. You've got too many doc type
declarations that conflict with each other, too many <head> </head> tags.
Too many <body> </body> tags and so forth. The only code you need to run
your FLV in your nof page is located between the <object classid....
</object> tags. Forget about everything else above and below that code
because it's already created by NOF.

--Nancy O.
Alt-Web Design & Publishing
www.alt-web.com