nice, buggy tools and components!
Luigi Benelli
2007-02-14 08:23:21 UTC
(for the ones who have scolded me in the past: I have consciously
cross-posted this message into the three newsgroups for which I find it
relevant and useful!)

Dear fellow Noffers,

the Toolbox appears to suffer from the same problems of all other Nof
components: badly deployed useful functions!
In fact there is no single member of the generous Toolbox family which does
not show nasty bugs and malfunctions.
And Website Pros seem to have no proactive attitude towards this condition
of bugginess of its platforms: they seem to stay there waiting for customers
to post support tickets! Instead Website Pros should look thru newsgroups
and act on errors revelead in messages even before they are structurally
described in users' tickets.
I'd like to know yuor opinions about this.

Peace and success!

Luigi Benelli
Florence
Italy
2007-02-14 17:37:51 UTC

Join the beta testing program http://netobjects.com/html/beta.html
--
Mike - (a.k.a. turtle) - gotFusion Extended Support
http://www.gotfusion.com

Start receiving gotFusion extended product support today

View the gotFusion tutorial list
http://www.gotfusion.com/menu/tuts_by_topic.cfm

2007-02-14 18:57:19 UTC
.
I have no association with either NetO, WSP, nor the Fusion product.

I run an independent support organization that is not associated with the product in any way outside of helping people understand now to use the product to its fullest potential.
--
Mike - (a.k.a. turtle) - gotFusion Extended Support
www.gotfusion.com

Luigi Benelli
2007-02-14 19:14:13 UTC
Ok Mike, in this case I thank you for the indication of some links which
I'll soon explore in my quest for light!:-)
Again, thanks!

Luigi
Post by
.

Luigi Benelli
2007-02-14 18:35:22 UTC
Hi Mike (a.k.a. turtle),

it's the first time in my very long digital life that posing a problem
for a software product I have regularly purchased brings me the invitation
to join a beta-testing group and other foggy extended-support entities!:-)
The least that can be said is that your reaction is picturesque, just in the
italian sense of the term.

Micah Klesick
2007-02-15 00:03:42 UTC
Sorry to say this, but why don't you just quit using NOF. We could
hear a lot less complaining. For me, every bad problem there has been
2-3 or more good ones. Why don't you look for the good things about it,
rather than every single bad problem. I will admit, NOF has some
problems, but it also has its points, I like it, and I am sticking to
it. I am tired of hearing you rant and rave and just complain about it.
I am SICK if hearing you talk about it. Matter of fact I do
not even open your topics, and I would not be surprised if others do the
same thing.
Sorry this is so harsh, but I am fed up.
Why don't you make your own WYSIWYG editor that is better.
Micah
Italy
Mike Coombes
2007-02-15 09:41:10 UTC
Micah, although I agree that Luigi could express his frustration
differently, to say 'look for the good instead of the bad' is just
writing off legitimate complaints about a piece of software that isn't
doing it's job right. It's like saying 'my new car has no wheels, but
the seats are comfortable and the radio sounds great!'.

I'm currently actually scared to use NOF10 for anything major, as it's
made components on two sites I'm paid to maintain unusable and makes me
looks stupid. Fusion's support ticketing system is poor, as I seem to
get around one response a week to my query, in the form of 'have you
tried...' which means the solution may be a few months away yet. Sure,
some of 10's features are great, but they seem to have been added at the
expense of the functionality of components I used regularly and
successfully in NOF9. To use the car analogy again, what's the use of
having a new toolbox if the engine isn't there?

Mike
Italy
robin dillon
2007-09-15 11:51:11 UTC
hi all

i have used nof since NOF 5 and i bought NOF10 when it came out, i have had
lots of problems as has everyone else, what i have decided to do is keep
ckecking back here to see when the updates have been released, and when they
finaly get NOF10 sorted out i might think of using it, i agree entirely with
luige and anybody who disagrees with his thoughts cant be using NOF10, i for
one will not be buying NOF 11 or any other for that matter, and i think that
if we all took this stance they would have to perfect the software prior to
release, pretty obviouse now why they did not relaese a trail version at the
start TRUTH IS they knew that they would not have sold a copy after people
seen that it was buggy to say the least.

all the best

robin