Connector problem - MySql database hosted by DreamHost
Johan van Zyl
2007-11-22 12:51:25 UTC
OK - it is getting worse!
Using EMS SQL Manager DDL scripts I created a copy of the watzon
database on my local PC - I cannot even connect to the local database
with Connector's Test Button!
WOW!
Now I am realy stuck.
JVZ
MySql database hosted by DreamHost
Profile: Default
Type: Custom String
all the other info is correct
(I can connect to the data base using other tools - EMS SQL Manager and
MySQL Administrator)
But on clicking Test I get connection failed!
Somebody help please!
Thx
Johan van Zyl
Pretoria
--
Johan van Zyl
***@jvz.co.za http://www.jvz.co.za
Teach a man how to surf the Internet and he will never bother you again.
Chuck «BeyondFusion»
2007-11-22 15:54:29 UTC
To connect locally to a MySQL database on your PC, you need to install the
MySQL ODBC Connector (from MySQL).

Of course, you'll need to have a MySQL server installed also, not just the
database file.

You'll find the connector on the MySQL site or you can download it from the
Resources page on BeyondFusion.
--
Chuck Joslin
BeyondFusion.com - Your Fusion Community

Johan van Zyl