NOF9 Tutor Sought
Joe Devlin
2007-04-30 19:48:34 UTC

I am trying to get the components figured out for a sitre I am building, but
see to be hittin a brick wall. If there is a user who has had solid results
with all of the components and datbase capabilities, I would appriciate a
tutor and/or assistance with my site. If you live in Indianapolis, IN that
would even be better - for inperson assistance.

Thanks
Joe Devlin
Nancy O

Joe Devlin
Joe Devlin
2007-05-02 00:54:11 UTC
Nancy
Thank you, but I was really hoping for a one on one individual to walk me
through the bits and peices I am missing. Another tutorial site with a
multitude of follow the directions is not connecting the dots for me, and I
know its something simple... I would really like to have someone who knew
the software components and the ins and outs of the database capabilities,
spend a day sitting her with me, filling in the blanks.

Any ideas?
Joe
Post by Nancy O
www.gotfusion.com
--Nancy
Hi,
Joe Devlin
R Fredrick Smith
2007-05-02 22:52:10 UTC
Many of the components have short comings that will pose stumbling blocks to
most users. If you are doing database work, then usually the component
approach is a losing situation. It is better to learn to do any of the
database stuff directly (usually using PHP and MySQL).
Cheers,
Fredrick
FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com
Post by Joe Devlin
Nancy
Thank you, but I was really hoping for a one on one individual to walk me
through the bits and peices I am missing. Another tutorial site with a
multitude of follow the directions is not connecting the dots for me, and I
know its something simple... I would really like to have someone who knew
the software components and the ins and outs of the database capabilities,
spend a day sitting her with me, filling in the blanks.
Any ideas?
Joe
Post by Nancy O
www.gotfusion.com
--Nancy
Hi,
Joe Devlin
Nancy O
2007-05-03 00:18:30 UTC
I should have been clearer, Joe. Me bad.

What I meant was Got Fusion's Design Pros offer software training (hourly
rates apply). It's done remotely - by phone and/or emails. Got Fusion has
helped a lot of people improve their web design skills.

http://www.gotfusion.com/services/form/index.cfm

If you could spell out exactly what you wish to accomplish in NOF as well as
the version you want help with, it would go a long way toward connecting you
with the right person or persons to help you.

Cheers,
--Nancy
Post by Joe Devlin
Nancy
Thank you, but I was really hoping for a one on one individual to walk me
through the bits and peices I am missing. Another tutorial site with a
multitude of follow the directions is not connecting the dots for me, and I
know its something simple... I would really like to have someone who knew
the software components and the ins and outs of the database capabilities,
spend a day sitting her with me, filling in the blanks.
Any ideas?
Joe
Post by Nancy O
www.gotfusion.com